- A container
How to do it
- Take a cup of water and show it to your child.
- Put the same cup in the freezer.
- Ask the child to note the time.
- Take the ice after some time and show it to the child. Now the same water is in solid form.
- Then let the ice melt at the room temperature. Keep a timer to note the time taken for melting.
- Now heat the water using the heater and heat it till the full water evaporates. Explain that the water evaporates as water vapour. This is in gas form.
What is learnt
How water is changed to solid and gas as the temperature varies.